IndiGo offers special services to the following categories of passengers:
Such Customers are required to mention the requirement of these services at the time of making the Booking. IndiGo reserves the right to deny these services to Customers if not requested in advance.
1. Infants – For safety reasons, children under the age of 2 years (“Infants”), as of the last date of travel, cannot travel in their own seat and must be seated in an adult's lap. Infants not occupying a seat are subject to a fee of INR 1000/- (or equivalent in foreign currency) per Sector and is inclusive of all taxes including but not limited to applicable service tax, fees and surcharges. A maximum of one Infant is allowed per adult. No baby / car seats or push chairs are allowed in the aircraft cabin. No extra seats may be booked for Infants, and Infants do not qualify for free hand baggage allowance.
3. Pregnant Women – In case of normal pregnancies, expectant mothers till the end of 27 weeks of pregnancy may be permitted to fly on IndiGo flights without filling up a form and/or Fit to Fly Certificate provided there are no prior complications.
However, Fit to Fly Certificates dated not more than three days before the date of travel is a must only if :-
- Pregnancy is between 28th till the 32nd Week
- Passenger has declared any prior complication
In addition to above requirements, passenger is also required to produce medical document stating number of weeks advanced in pregnancy. Expectant mothers beyond 32 weeks of pregnancy shall not be allowed to travel.
4. Wheelchair users or passengers using wheelchairs, Crutches / braces / other prosthetic devices – If the Customer needs wheelchair assistance at the airport, please request IndiGo at least 24 hours in advance. The inventory is limited to 4 per flight. IndiGo allows only manual / collapsible wheelchairs on all its flights. Unfortunately Powered wheelchair(s) with a wet cell battery shall not be accepted since it’s corrosive in nature and is considered to be a Dangerous Good. If the Customer wishes to use their own wheelchair at the airport, they are permitted to do so up to the aircraft, whereupon it will be stored in the hold. Customers are allowed to use their own crutches, braces and / or other prosthetic devices up to the aircraft, and may board such items as cabin Baggage, provided the Customers are dependent on them.
5. Passengers with Visual Impairment - IndiGo would request passengers with Visual Impairment to check-in early for their flight (approximately 2-3 hours before flight departure) for a hassle free experience. If assistance is required within the airport, please identify your needs at check-in or at the time of booking. IndiGo will be able to extend a meet and assist service to the guest to help in boarding, deplaning and also during flight connections.
Visually impaired Customers travelling with their guide dog, should make his/her reservation via the IndiGo call centre and provide us notice that a guide dog will be travelling. Please note that guide dogs for our visually impaired Customers may not occupy any seat. The Customer is required to bring a moisture absorbent mat, to place it under the guide dog. Further, the guide dog should be properly trained, restrained and muzzled. A meet and assist service can be provided, if assistance is required at departure and on arrival.
6. Passengers requiring stretchers - To make a Booking for such Customers, requests need to be placed no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure of the flight. Customers are required to take a print-out of the IndiGo medical form, available on the Website, and have the same filled out by the Customer’s treating physician, prior to making the Booking, and then fax the same to 0124-4068536. Customers are required to include their Booking confirmation / PNR number on the fax and the travel Itinerary to ensure correct processing. Based on an assessment of IndiGo’s internal physician, a Booking confirmation will be communicated to the Customer within 24 hours of receipt by IndiGo of the fax. Please note that IndiGo reserves the right to have an IndiGo medical representative meet the Customer at the airport on the date of travel to determine the Customer’s medical fitness for travel on that date. The applicable charge will be for nine (9) seats at the prevailing fare, plus a handling fee of INR 30,000 (inclusive of service tax and cess, if applicable).
7. Passengers with certain adverse medical conditions: Passengers who are ailing from any particular medical condition can travel on IndiGo after giving prior information regarding his/her medical condition, at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight, as per the medical form provided on IndiGo Website, in order for IndiGo to provide complete assistance to such passenger. The passenger must also inform IndiGo regarding any hospitalization requirement upon arrival.
In case a passenger will be accompanied by an escort during travel then his/her name and contact details must also be shared with IndiGo. IndiGo would want to mention that its cabin attendants are not authorized to give special assistance (e.g. lifting etc.). Further they are trained only in first aid and are not permitted to administer any injection or to give medication.
A passenger who has agreed to this Conditions of Carriage agrees and understands that he/she has accepted to undertake the travel on IndiGo on his/her own will and volition and further agrees that IndiGo will not be responsible for any liability other than the special liability exceeding those as specified in the Conditions of Carriage.
IndiGo does provide the following facilities to its passengers with reduced mobility:
However, we express our inability to provide passengers with any assistance for personal care needs on-board, such as, eating/drinking, administration of medications, elimination functions including assistance inside the lavatory, or other personal care needs. If you require assistance with any of these, we recommend that you travel with a personal care attendant.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The information contained under the tab Disability Assistance (and any modifications thereto) on the Website shall be construed to be an integral part of the Conditions of Carriage.